Monday, February 22, 2010

Bike parts, #2.

It's late. I'm tired. I've got a 12+ hour day tomorrow at work. So this will be brief.

On the bright side, hey, I was excited today when I checked the mail and found my new (to me!) chainrings, shipped from Boulder, CO. They looked like new, really good condition!

I took a few minutes after dinner to throw them on the Ultegra crank, just to see how they'd look.

So, I think it's a pretty cool looking crankset! I like the "Ice" look, as matter of fact, I think the Ice grouppo would be the BOMB on my black and red Giant roadie.

Nah, I ain't springing for it, just sayin'.

My next build will be a Cervelo ultra uber light carbon fiber frame, SRAM groupset and some light 1,400 gram (ish) hoops (well, light, but I still need something sturdy enough to hold my butt!). Yeah, when?? When I get an extra $5 grand to blow, that is! That's all I got for now.

Watch for wrenching Wednesday's post with pics-I'm off work and should have time to do the install and ride it to test her out. I know it will be way way stiffer than the Bonty stuck on there now.

1 comment:

  1. love it dude. that's a beautiful crankset. the keo pedals are rather nice too. Definitely good parts.

    ReplyDelete